Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Over Break

Well, over break I didn't really experience anything interesting or anything that was life changing or that people would have different views about.... I guess one thing that was on my mind was what was the right thing to do in a situation. 
I am a nanny for the woman across the street from my house in Freehold, I watch her two kids about 2 to 3 times a week. Well the week before spring break her kids came down with the stomach flu and i did not work at all the week before spring break. Now Monday, her kids were still sick but with something else, one had a cold and a cough another had an ear infection and the runs from antibiotics. The hardest decision for me to make was whether or not I should baby-sit that week or say no.... Of course, because I am a softy, i baby sat and now i have their colds. So in my mind i thought that it was the wrong decision to go over because the house was just getting over the stomach flu and now there is a new illness that entered their home... Being a college student, you do not have time to get sick or even think about getting sick. 
Well, the event of the children's illnesses, to me was personal, i have a phobia about the Stomach virus, so hearing that information set me off the wall just thinking that i had to step foot into their house.  And because i did baby sit, i experienced it all with panic attacks haha... it was not fun.  I guess this event can relate to the public sphere by the way of looking out for ones safety and health. We sanitize our hands every day before we eat, touch our face, after we blow our nose, if we step off the bus. So the thought of being sick and having a phobia can affect anyone. This event can be opposed by people who don't have a care in the world, where getting sick to them is nothing and they live their life not being paranoid about things like getting sick. Can this event be historicized? No....

No comments:

Post a Comment