Sunday, March 22, 2009

over break

Over break I went to the new gym in my town. It is the talk of our town because its huge, new and open 24/7! To see how it looks inside:
http://www.lifetimefitness.com/clubs/index.cfm?strWebAction=virtual_tour
honestly, this gym is nicer than some five star hotels I have been too! Everything is big, open and new. All over is stone or wood. I got there and we went to the lockers, where they provide you locks. There are a lot of treadmills and ellipticals, I didn't have to wait for one. There are two indoor pools that I swam in, two jacuzzis, sauna, and steam room, which we went to. The showers are lovely and they provide you with towels and shampoo and soap. We even went rock climbing. I experienced the gym first hand, and it changed the way I viewed the gym. At first, I just heard about it from friends, and I didn't think it was so special. But once I actually went there and saw it, I understood why everyone was so wrapped up about it. This experience can be considered collective for my town. This relates to the public sphere because I will be one of those people talking about how amazing the gym is, and without knowing it, I am giving a free advertisment. For the most part view on the gym is similar to the public view, however I know a couple of people how refuse to check it out and will stay at the other gym in our town. The gym wont be written down in history books and studyed in classes. However, for real estate, it is a postivie thing to write down and can make property go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment